We’ve all done it – dreamt over the hypothetical question of ‘what would you do if you won the lottery?’ (Big time!)
Where would you begin?
What would you do?
Would you give it all to charity?
Who would you help?
Would you tell anybody?
Would you get up and go?
Would you stash it all away and tell no-one?
Would you treat all your family to a luxury holiday to the Bahamas?
Here’s what I (think) I’d do:
1. Give my parents a good lot of it. Enough so my Dad wouldn’t have to work, so they could finish the house off (we had an extension 10 years back and they screwed us over – so they’re still in the midst of completing it), and sell.
2. Buy a holiday home. Heck, why buy one. I’d buy them wherever I wanted. Fancy a little break to the Canary Islands? Great! Cape Verde? So be it! Fiji? Why not!?
3. Invest. I’m somewhat logical. You have to have one smart decision in there right? Besides, Ollie would never let me come into a crap ton of money without investing into property. He’s the brains…
4. Travel. Could you imagine? You could go wherever you fancied, stay wherever you wanted, do whatever you pleased. No stress. No worries. I don’t think I’d go crazy.. as in I’m not all over the ‘luxury travel’ idea (but maybe that’d change lol), I’d just be super happy to have the freedom to experience it all, without the limit of money.
5. Help out family and friends that needed it most. In fact no, if I’d come into that much money, why be so frugal!? You can all take some! It’s a free for all (lol, jokes.. maybe??).. But on a serious note, I’d buy my best friend and her boyfriend a house, I’d just give loved ones a helping hand. I’d put money into savings for my siblings. I’d surprise them out of the blue – mini breaks away when they were in need of some sunshine, a trip to Disneyland, a new boat for my Dad, a live theatre performance of ‘The Last Of The Mohicans’ for my parents, I’d take my Mum to New York (her dream).. yeah, I’d make their lives easier, I’d try my best to make their dreams and wishes all come true. I’d be a living Fairy Godmother!
6. I’d regularly go into supermarkets and pay for people’s grocery shopping. Just because.
7. Charity.. I’d feel far to guilty not too, and selfishly it’d feel so good. I’d buy a house for the homeless, I’d want to help the homeless. I’d give to Great Ormond Street Hospital, CureJM and the DEBRA charities – all for personal reasons.
8. Volunteer Abroad.. Or anywhere really! This kinda links in with travelling, but I’ve always wanted to volunteer abroad but I’ve never had the spare cash to.
9. I’d buy far too many swimsuits. I love bikinis and cozzies, so I’d just go crazy. Those you usually scroll past on ASOS that are out of your budget, oh no, they’re going straight in the basket.
10. I’d go on the best holiday ever, with all the people I love. To wherever we wanted, eat whatever we pleased, and stay in the most luxurious resort.. ever, because why ever not!?
What would you do if you won the lottery (as in millions and millions and millions?) .. Let me know in the comments!
Obviously this post is just for the fun of it. Let’s be dreamers… but let’s not be deluded by the idea that money=happiness.
All my love,